Since 2012, we have led the effort to bring quality radio broadcasting to Staunton, Augusta County, and Waynesboro. We are your local station for diverse music and community conversations.
Our mission is to foster community through music, broadcast education and discovery. WQSV is a project of the Staunton Media Alliance, a dedicated group of passionate volunteers who drive our vision to build a stronger and more vibrant community through music, culture, and journalism. The Staunton Media Alliance is a non-profit organization. Our EIN is 46-3520458.
What We've Achieved
- Launched Staunton's first community-powered radio station in 2016 after successful community fundraising and receipt of the Bright Rewired Grant, administered and implemented by the Staunton Downtown Development Association, the Staunton Department of Economic Development, and the Staunton Creative Community Fund with funding and support from the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development.
- Host 11 specialty shows developed and produced by volunteers, students, and local folks like you.
- Train volunteers in how to use broadcasting equipment, including adaptive technology for visually impaired DJs.
- Host dozens of music events, street festivals, and concerts featuring local talent as well as nationally recognized bands.
- Partner with over 30 local businesses and organizations to share their services and products with our listeners through public announcements and underwriting.